Layla is one of Tailster’s most popular cat sitters. Unhappy in her job, she decided to follow her passion for pets and became a full-time Tailster pet carer 2 years ago.
We had a chat with Layla to see how Tailster helped her start her successful pet business…
- 1 Hi Layla! Could you introduce yourself & tell us a little bit about what you do?
- 2 Why did you decide to become a pet carer?
- 3 What attracted you to the Tailster app?
- 4 What are your top tips to make it as a pet carer?
- 5 What should you avoid doing as a pet carer?
- 6 Do you have any advice for owners to help them find the right pet carer?
- 7 Do you have any of your own pets?
Hi Layla! Could you introduce yourself & tell us a little bit about what you do?
My name’s Layla Chahid and I work as a full-time pet carer on Tailster. I’ve been caring for cats and walking the occasional dog for 2 years now.
Why did you decide to become a pet carer?
What attracted you to the Tailster app?
What are your top tips to make it as a pet carer?
- Be consistent and show that you are reliable.
- Keep calm in emergencies or if something doesn’t go the way that it’s supposed to.
- Be flexible, as sometimes you get last minute requests or changes to arrangements.
- Be trustworthy. People are giving you keys to their house and trusting you to look after their pets.
What should you avoid doing as a pet carer?
- Don’t take on too many pets. This can overload you and you’ll end up rushing your work.
- Don’t take on any work if you’re not covered by Tailster‘s insurance as anything could happen – make sure every booking is made through the site!
“Layla was the absolute definition of professional and caring. She made leaving my pet easy and I felt comfortable knowing that she was taking care of him. She sent me loads of pictures videos and updates. Definitely will be booking with her again!!”
Dejon Moomena Jan 2, 2018
Do you have any advice for owners to help them find the right pet carer?
- Where would you walk my dog?
- Do you have emergency transportation incase something happens?
- What would you be doing while out on a dog walk?